2017 has been a great year since leaving the desert. I have been working in the UK for a little over 1 year. So I would like to post my 2017 yearly review and also update my 2017 goals.
- Max out 401k ($18,000): Currently
- Max out Roth IRA ($5,500): Currently
- Invest $5,000+ to my fundrise account: Currently
- Invest $12,000+ in dividend stocks: Currently: $5,616 (FAILED)
- Earn $14,000+ in annual dividend: Currently:
- Increase net worth to: $850,000: Currently:
- Max out HSA: $3,400: Currently
- Earn at least $200 from blog. Also be more productive and continue to post more contents. (Earned $6 FAILED)
So I completed 6 out of my 8 goals, I guess its not bad. My goal #4 was not achieved due to following my IPS. Which states that my individual dividend stocks/non dividend stocks needs to be 25% of my portfolio. I had several stock that increases in market value, so I had to rebalance according to my IPS, I added more money to my index funds. So that’s the reason why I couldn’t achieve my goal #4.
Goal#8 was due to my lack of motivation and lack of time. I’m hoping 2018 I can change that habit and try to grow this blog.
2017 Yearly Review (From Jan 2017 to Dec 2017)
Net worth YTD (Year to Date): $158,127 (17% increase),
Debt YTD: -$2,157 (.5% decrease)
Dividends YTD: $15,973
Rental Properties: $-9,191
Total Investment Contributions: Taxable Index fund Contribution: $41,825, Roth IRA Contribution: $5,500, Taxable Individual Stock: $5,616, Fundrise: $8,996, 401k: $18,000, HSA: $3,400, Total Investment Contribution: $83,337
I’m not happy about my rental properties, I took several big hit due to repairs and I had to install a new HVAC system for 1 of my properties. Also I had a couple month of vacancies on 2 of my properties. So I’m hoping 2018 will fare better on my rental properties. I’m happy about my net worth increase for the year and also my investment contribution. For 2018 I will try to aim higher and see what I can achieve. I will be posting my 2018 goals soon.
How did you do in 2017?